Saturday 18 October 2014

New Place


I started a journal on wordpress...found it not very interesting so thought I'd come back to where I knew... This was my first post there.

I remember starting a journal…by hand this was at the beginning of high school so 1999.

I kept it for about 4 years.

While non of if was of any importance it was definitely a representation of how I was feeling at that time in my life.
Everyone in my family seemed to have a place, except me. Which, in reality, wasn’t true, but that’s how I felt at the time. After a huge spell of bad luck and blinded by grief I found myself on an online community and began blogging about my life. It’s like I had found my voice, the ache to be heard flowed constantly in my words, I just needed to speak and they listened.
Topics of conversation were never hard, even when I didn’t really want to speak, writing helped so much that on days when I didn’t blog it seemed strange. Soon life got in the way, issues with mental health made me question my sanity so writing was out…I couldn’t communicate with myself let alone other people…

Life was black then
So being asked to do this in a set of rules provided by my dominant…is kinda like shaking the cobwebs off the keyboard and starting afresh. I hope the words just come as easily as accepting it did.

I'm Parvelus and these are my musings

1 comment: